More than a wish list, these questions will help me understand your requirements in a Muskoka waterfront property.
- Which lake do you prefer? One of the Big 3 (Muskoka, Rosseau, Joseph), a river or perimeter lake?
- First choice?______________________________
- Second choice? ___________________________
- Third choice? _____________________________
- Exposure to the sun: i.e. sunsets or sunrises? __________________________ Some buyers prefer a Southern or Eastern exposure so as not to get baked in the sun late in the afternoon and evening. Sunsets on the lakes are in the North West from May 15th to September 1st.
- The lakes tend to have some steepness in certain areas. Which grade of lot would you prefer? Circle all that apply: Level, gently sloping, sloping, steep or cliff with views?
- What sort of view do you prefer? Open water, island dotted, quiet, interesting?
- Do you prefer deep water, shallow or a combination, if available? Muskoka is mostly rock and pine and there are not many beaches.
- Would you use this property all year round? ________________
- Mainland or an island property? Islands tend to provide more privacy and you get a lot more for your money including a unique cottaging experience.
- How important is privacy from your neighbours as far as sight-lines and noise? ___________________ For example: some lots with 200 feet of frontage have what seems like 400 ft or more of privacy due to where the neighbours have built, so it will likely all depend on what we can find. The less frontage one has means the lower the taxes are.
Keep in mind, a structure can be modified; the land, view, exposure and, location cannot.
- Total # of bedrooms:_____________
- Approximate square footage required:________________
- Does your family require several main gathering areas including living room, family room, Muskoka room, plus a separate recreation or entertainment room?
- A boathouse? Single story or with guest quarters above?
- A separate bunkie/sleeping cabin or coach house? A garage, workshop or shed?
And finally, what is the ballpark budget for your Muskoka dream cottage?
Print this off or email me to request the PDF